The Custodial Person is now being charged a 3% service fee for the collection of Child Support. The Service Fee will not exceed $10 per month or $120 annually on child support collected. Individuals receiving TANF and Medicaid will not be subject to fee; however, child-only Medical cases will be assessed the fee.
- question: Which cases are eligible for the fee?
- Child ONLY medical cases
- MEO cases
- Full service cases ( both in state and interstate)
- Daycare cases
- CPs with more than one case will have the fee collected for EACH qualifying FGN separately
- question: Which cases are NOT eligible for the fee?
- TANF cases
- Pass thru cases
- Cases with the CP on medical- must be on active medical on the first day of the effective month of the collection if not the fee will be assessed
- Tribal cases listed in a tribal office code
- question: What to check to see if a fee was incorrectly charged on a case?
- CCPI needs to be updated with the CORRECT HCA and PS2 (C# or H#) case numbers. Please check to make sure that the case numbers reflect the ACTIVE cases that the CP is currently on. If an inactive number is listed on CCPI this could cause the fee to be assessed incorrectly.
Please note that if the CP on an FGN has not been tied to the HCA case, OSIS will assess the fee. This will result in some CPs being assessed the fee that should not have been. For many reasons (family violence and non-coop, for example), it is critical that these cross-references are made for the CPs at the time they go on SoonerCare. To cross-reference a CP, enter the HCA Reference Case number and IND ID on the CCPU screen.
If a CP calls in and reports to CARE that the 3% fee has been deducted, but they are included in the medical benefit, an FYI CARE message will be sent with the subject title: **3% CP fee with Active Medical**. Using this subject line will aid the office in quickly identifying cases with this issue.