The Potentially Dangerous Indicator is used to update a child support case when a case member has made a threat against the district office or child support specialist. It is a function of the child support computer program to help child support specialists and customer service representatives, including CARE, easily identify that a case has been updated as having a potentially dangerous case member.
Follow these steps to update the Potentially Dangerous Indicator in OSIS.
Step 2: Tab to the PDN field corresponding to the potentially dangerous case member and enter the code Y.
The following screens will also show the PDS indicator:
- HEARA/U – Hearing Add and Update
- HEARL – Hearing List Screen
- HEARC – Hearing Copying Screen
- HEARI – Hearing Inquiry Screen
- HEARO – Hearing List by Office
- HEARD – Hearing list by Non-Discloser
- LOGI – Case Log List Inquiry
- LOGL – Case Log List
- LOGP – Case Log Print
- CSLOGA – Case Log Add
- CSLOGI – Case Log Inquiry
- CSLOGO – Case Log Menu
- CSLGAP – Case Log AP Add
- CSML – Case Member List
As with any threat on a child support specialist or district office follow your office’s protocol to document and/or notify the proper authorities.