Who may request genetic testing:
- The alleged father has the right to request genetic testing
- The custodial parent has the right to request genetic testing.
- The courts may order parties submit to genetic testing
Who pays for the cost of genetic testing:
- CSS advances the costs for genetic testing and recovers the genetic test costs from the noncustodial parent or as ordered by the court per OAC 340:25-5-176.
- If the test results are positive, the man identified as the child’s father will be ordered to pay the cost of genetic testing per 10 O.S. § 7700-506.
- If the CP is determined to be the father, the CP is responsible for the cost of genetic testing per 10 O.S. § 7700-506.
- A court other than OAH may order the father, mother or both to pay for the cost of genetic testing.
**The NCP will not be held responsible for the cost of negative genetic test results. In cases where multiple children are tested and both positive and negative results are received, the NCP will not be responsible for the cost of the negative test.
For the cost of genetic test fees read Genetic Testing Fees 2007 to Current.