Menu Help & How To Video Simulation Game Document & Resources Training Link Tag Search clock thumbs-up angle-up

Writ of Assistance for the Medical Examiner

Sometimes a genetic test is needed for a deceased alleged Noncustodial parent (NCP). There is a way to contact the medical examiner and get the needed sample.

When the Medical Examiner’s (ME’s) office has a blood sample, or other biological material, of a party needed for completing genetic testing, CSS can submit an Application for Writ of Assistance requesting the sample be released to LabCorp.

CSS has worked with the ME’s office in developing the process and documents that contain the correct language pursuant to 63 OS § 939.

The process and necessary documents can be obtained from your State’s attorney.