eKIDS is an information system provided by the Children and Family Services Division of DHS that allows authorized users to inquire into Oklahoma’s Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS, commonly referred to as KIDS).
The “Select Client” screen is located on eKIDS and available once logging in.
The “Select Client” screen lists individuals on the case. To the right, it shows if that individual is participating in the case.
To select a person, simply click the name of the person you wish to view.
Once you click on the client you want to view, the “General Information” screen will display. The “General Information” screen has five (5) tabs that allow you to select the kind of general information you wish to see.
- 1. Client Information
- Basic case information
- 2. Client Personal Information
- The Client Personal Information tab provides the most useful information for child support. (DOB, SSN, Race and Characteristics)
- 3. Birth Place/Living Detail
- Birth place and current living arrangement.
- 4. Other Detail
- Previous Adoption, criminal information and Citizenship status.
- 5. Tribe
- Any tribal information as to the child.
Case Client Menu:
To access the “Case Client Menu”, place your cursor on the tab located at the left hand side of the screen. Through the “Case Client Menu” you can access the following information:
- 1. Summary
- provides the same information as the “General Information” screen, plus the DCN is displayed in the DHS Client #: field. Like the “General Information” screen, the “Client Summary Screen” has tabs that allow you to select the kind of client you wish to see. The Placement, Court, Case Planning, and Contacts tabs are often not completed.
- 2. Address
- The “Address Screen” shows current and previous addresses with the oldest address at the top and the newest address on the bottom. When clicking view detailed information about that address appears at the bottom of the screen.
- 3. Court Number
- The “Court Number Details” screen lists the court numbers for this client and case. In this example, there is only one court number.
- 4. Phone Number
- The “Phone Number List” screen lists the phone numbers for this client.
- 5. Relations
- The Relations option brings up a screen that shows the client’s relationships to all others on the deprived case. You should use this screen only to determine the name of the alleged father. Rely on your own research to determine the paternity status.