This article provides instruction to help improve Oklahoma Support Information System (OSIS) functions when the current support amount is to become the judgment payment upon the child’s emancipation/graduation.
OSIS will allow users to indicate that an order has the ‘Continuation of Support’ Clause. This clause or one similar must state that current support (or another amount) is to become the judgment payment upon emancipation.
The following are examples of the “Continuation of Support’ clause.
- When current support is no longer due, the full amount (both current support and judgment payment) will continue until case balances are paid in full; or
- When current support is no longer due, the obligor shall pay the amount of $_____ per month until all unpaid child support, including principal and interest, is paid in full, or until further order of the court.
The following elements are essential for the obligation screen (OBLU/E/N) to be updated and function properly:
- There must be at least one child included in the order across obligations;
- The start date must be a valid date;
- The Continuation of Support Amount must be valid;
- If Start date is entered, the Continuation of Support Amount must be greater than zeros;
- If Continuation of Support Amount is entered, then there must be a valid start date;
- The start date cannot be less than the latest end dates (OBLU/E/N page 2) on the same order across completed/active obligations.
The screen below is an example of the new OSIS changes and features described above:
- Obligation is active and enforceable and the end dates are between 18 and 20 years of the child’s birth and the verified graduation date is after the obligation end dates;
- Obligation is active and enforceable and the children are adopted (this is part of the Child Welfare project);
- OSIS will automatically update the ‘Continuation of Support’ start date to the first of the month after the latest end dates of all the children included in the same order even if the order is across obligations. Changes will only occur if OSIS detects a change in any child’s end dates based on the above criteria.
- If the latest child’s end dates are greater than or equal to Continuation of Support Start Date, the Continuation of Support Start date will be changed to the first of the month after the latest child’s end dates.
- If the latest child’s end dates is not the previous month prior to the Continuation of Support Start date, then the Continuation of Support Start date will be changed to the first month after the latest child’s end date.
Additional criteria for the CMOD Report elements:
- FGN has to be in 02 or 10 status.
- CSCI IV-D STATUS = ’02 or ‘10’
- The latest child cannot be deleted from the case.
- CHI CHILD DELETE INDICATOR not = ‘D’ for the latest child
- The obligation where the latest child is included must have been eligible to post.
- It must be signed (OBLI DTE SIGN equal zero).
- It was verified (OBLI ORDR VER DATE not equal zero).
- It has not been terminated (OBLI TERM. DATE equal zeros).
- It must have an obligation status of Active or Concurrent (OBLI ORDR STATUS = ‘A’ or ‘C’).