When calculating child support guidelines, you may use one of two methods – Excel or OSIS. In OSIS, the GLS screens are used for these calculations.
Below are descriptions for common fields found on GLS1 and GLS4:
- Enter number of children on the case you are currently calculating support for.
- Enter “M” for mother or “F” for father.
- Enter the number of overnights the obligor has, if any.
- Total amount of gross income (includes self-employment total).
- Enter only the amount of gross income from self-employment.
- Enter the amount of the social security benefit or VA disability award actually paid out for the child(ren) on the case you are currently calculating support for.
- Total amount of current child support paid on other cases.
- Number of biological or legal children living in the home, not including children on the case you are currently working on.
- Monthly childcare costs – private pay or subsidy copay amount actually paid
- Private healthcare coverage premium amount (only for the children current on the case you are calculating child support on)
- Any out-of-pocket ongoing medical expenses
- Any visitation expenses
- Number of children currently on SoonerCare or without private healthcare coverage
- If the child(ren) is/are on SoonerCare, enter who the applicant is – “M” mother, “F” father, or “O” other.
For additional information regarding Guidelines, see the following Quest articles: