Menu Help & How To Video Simulation Game Document & Resources Training Link Tag Search clock thumbs-up angle-up

Long-arm Conditions Checklist

UIFSA section 201; 43 O.S. 601‐201

Your state has jurisdiction to establish a child support order over a person who is in another state if one or more of these conditions exists in the case:

  • the person had sex in your state and the child may have been conceived by that act
  • the person lived with the child in your state
  • the person lived in your state and provided prenatal expenses or support for the child
  • the child lives in your state as the result of the person’s acts or directives
  • the person is personally served while in your state
  • the person submits to your state’s jurisdiction
  • the person’s parentage of the child is recorded in your state’s putative father registry (Note: not all states’ laws include this option)
  • there is any other basis in your state’s constitution or the US Constitution that gives your state jurisdiction over the person (check with your attorney)

Normally, the District Office reviews Intergovernmental cases for long-arm jurisdiction determinations.

Depending on the case situation, you may want to review the CSQuest article Identifying the Controlling Order and Which State has CEJ.