First, the owner of the shared mailbox must send a special request to the email@example.com to request a group of personnel be given “read only delegate access” to the mailbox. Once that has been granted, the personnel can follow the steps below to add the shared mailbox into outlook.
- Click on File and click on the Account Settings button. Choose Account Settings.
- Click on the Change button.
- Click More Settings
- Click on the Advanced Tab. Then click the Add button.
- Type the email address or display name of the shared mailbox.
- If you have permission to the mailbox then it will show here. Click OK and then click ‘Apply’.
- You will be taken back to the Change Account screen. Click Next.
- Now click Finish.