Below are guidelines for logging customer activity using the Case Log in OSIS.
- Automatically by OSIS on many automatic case activities
- Manually by staff who have performed activity on the case
- You are required to make a Case Log entry for every customer phone call for which there is an OCSS case in the OSIS system.
- Include the most important information in the first line of your CSLOGA message since the first line is the only line of a CSLOGI message visible when the list of CSLOGI messages appears on LOGI or CSLOGO.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Do not post opinions using CSLOGA. Stick to the information you want to convey about your customer contact and case activity.
- Use only abbreviations and acronyms everyone will recognize. Consult the following glossaries in Quest : Child Support Caselog Notes and Court Minute Abbreviations, CSS Acronyms and Initialisms, Definitions – Glossary of Child Support Terms, and OKDHS/CSS Acronyms.
- OSIS automatically lists your first and last name as well as your User number (U‐number) when you enter information in the case log, but you should also include District or State Office code.
Once the “enter” key is pressed, all input is permanent. If an entry was made in error, it cannot be changed. The notation “Disregard previous message” or “Prior entry in error, please disregard” is made in the Case Log in case of an error. Case Logs become a permanent part of our case records and are accessible by all staff with access to OSIS.